Thanks a lot, Chris ji

J. M. Garg

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Chris Fraser-Jenkins <>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb, 2022, 3:44 am
Subject: Re: [efloraofindia:414292] Selaginella sp for id
To: J.M. Garg <jmga...@gmail.com>

What fantastic, superb photos! - best Selaginella photo I've seen anywhere,
clearly shows aristate median leaves and a very narrow pale margin to
leaves, plus of course the strongly dimorphic sporophylls (might need one
more of a strobilus from beneath to see cilia etc.?).  How did you take the
photos and what camera?  If only others could take such good photos of
Selaginella - you deserve a prize for excellent photographic service to
Pteridology!

My first impression is Selaginella chrysorrhizos.  It is in that rather
ticky group, anyway.  But tomorrow when I get more time I will study it
more carefully and see if I still think that.  I did not know of S.
chrysorrhizos from Maharashtra, but it is in M.P. and in Kerala, so could
well (should!) be there.

Best wishes - I'm very impressed!
    Chris F.-J.

On Wednesday, 2 February 2022, 15:40:27 GMT, J.M. Garg <jmga...@gmail.com>