All of you were right all along. The plant posted by Muthu and me is
Tarenna asiatica. I got misled by the fact that its only known to
occur along margins of shola forest. However its not true, its very
common in dry forests of low elevations as well. The shola forest one
is a different variety though. Sorry for that

navendu