From: Vijayasankar Raman <vijay.botan...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Oct 2, 2023 at 8:19 PM
Subject: Re: Tamil names of Molluga pentaphylla L. syn. of Trigastrotheca
pentaphylla (L.) Thulin
To: Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com>

Yes Dinesh ji, that name has both fruit and greens together. Instead, the
name "paavai-keerai" பாவைக்கீரை can be used to refer to "bitter greens"
with a comparison to bitter gourd plant, i.e. paavai.

"Bitter greens" can also be translated as kasappu keerai கசப்புக்கீரை,
without specific reference to bittergourd.