Dear All,
I think, this is a kind of dormancy in seeds. It can be due to hard seed
coat which needs to be broken. the treatment can be hot water, acid
treatment or rubbing with sand paper. Purpose is to weaken the seed coat.
The process is known as scarification. In nature it is brought about by
microorganisms or friction. You may try chemical or mechanical scarification
to break the dormancy.

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Devi Nair <tcld...@gmail.com> wrote:

> *YES!* Nux Vomica.
>
> After some research I got to know that the seeds need to be at least 6
> months old before they can be sprouted successfully, which also explained
> the mystery why the numerous seeds under the tree never sprouted or produced
> saplings. I was told by an old *Mali* at the Forest nursey that they
> needed to be soaked in hot water for about 20 minutes.
>
> Both the tips helped.
>
> Thanks to all who replied. This is a lovely group.
>

> On 19 September 2010 11:58, Parjanya guru <gurooji1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> *Strychnos nux-**vomica L.*
>> *  I believe.*
>>

>> --