Many many thanks, Vijayasankar ji, for helping with this Kanikkaran name.
The transcribed word  paaraiyottan agrees very well with paraioutan, and
the meaning too is in line with the nature of the plant.

I found another Tamil name mentioned in Tulu language Wikipedia ...written
in Kannada script as ಅನಪ್ಪರುಗ (anapparuga).
ಅನಪ್ಪರುಗ (anapparuga) is transcribed by Google to Tamil as அனப்பருக
(aṉapparuka)

What do you think? Does அனப்பருக (aṉapparuka) look / sound like a Tamil
word ? This word / name is most probably used near Karnataka - Kerala -
Tamil Nadu boundary region.
Google does not give any results for அனப்பரு !!
Please check only when you have time for this.
Thank you very much, Vijayasankar ji.

Regards.
Dinesh