Satish ji
Sisymbrium irio is a species of lower altitudes. Although these specimens
have deformed monstrous inflorescence, the smaller flowers, much longer
fruits and young fruits emerging from flower and larger terminal leaf  lobe
point to Sisymbrium heteromallum (syn: S. dahuricum), growing in Himalayas.



-- 
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/



On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 6:56 AM, Satish Phadke <[email protected]>wrote:

>
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Satish Phadke <[email protected]>
> Date: 11 October 2010 19:26
> Subject: Re: PLANT FOR ID 134 SMP JUN 09 Lahaul Spiti
> To: Gurcharan Singh <[email protected]>
>
>
> Sorry to respond very late.
> Was just checking my Spiti trip photos.Sending from my other email ID
> I think the new set of pictures show some leaves, which might be useful for
> ID of this *Sisymbrium *species.
> Dr Phadke
>
>
> On 18 February 2010 20:57, Gurcharan Singh <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Satish ji
>> This plant from Delhi is surely Sisymbrium irio. I just checked up the
>> group records. You had first uploaded these photographs on August 11, 2009
>>  (your 1444, 1448) when I had commented "It is a crucifer, leaves would
>> help further". Next day you uploaded another set of photographs (1452, 1445)
>> which I wrote "I tentatively place it under Erysimum thomsoni ". This
>> second set has clearly larger orange yellow flowers, characteristic of
>> Erysimum. Your first set was forwarded again by Garg ji on which I commented
>> " thought it was Erysimum thomsoni ". This perhaps as I look now seems to
>> be a species of Sisymbrium, but one can't be sure without leaves. Perhaps if
>> you can upload more photographs with leaves, we can think of working on it.
>>
>>  -
>> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
>> Associate Professor
>> SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
>> Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
>> Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
>> http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/ <http://people.du.ac.in/%7Esinghg45/>
>>
>>
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 6:50 PM, Satish Phadke 
>> <[email protected]>wrote:
>>
>>> *Saw your pictures of Sisymbrium-irio* posted on the group today.
>>> This one is the plant posted by me earlier. You only have IDed it as 
>>> *Erysimum
>>> thomsoni*.
>>> I couldn't find any images of the latter on the net. Can the posted plant
>>> be *Sisymbrium-irio
>>> As the leaves, flowers and the pods look somewhat similar.....This is
>>> just a guess.
>>> Of course I could gather the lead from your reply earlier that it is from
>>> Brassicaceae.
>>> Regards
>>> Dr Phadke
>>> *
>>> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
>>> From: satish phadke <[email protected]>
>>> Date: 11 August 2009 19:21
>>> Subject: PLANT FOR ID 134 SMP JUN 09 Lahaul Spiti
>>> To: indiantreepix Indian <[email protected]>
>>>
>>>
>>> Last few flowers from Spiti valley for ID
>>> Dr Phadke
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> -
>>
>
>
>

Reply via email to