I appriciate the flower closeup Tanay On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 9:23 PM, Gurcharan Singh <[email protected]> wrote:
> This species of Bergenia I found here in California and was slightly > surprised to see it resembling our both Himalayan species B. ciliata and B. > stracheyi. I ultimately identified it as B. x Schmidtii, a popular > ornamental here considered to be a hybrid between Himalayan B. ciliata and > Siberian B. crassifolia. The species has often also gone under the name > Saxifraga ligulata (old name for our Himalayan plant) var. speciosa. > > -- > Dr. Gurcharan Singh > Retired Associate Professor > SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007 > Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018. > Phone: 011-25518297 Mob: 9810359089 > http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/ > > -- *Tanay Bose* Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant. Department of Botany. University of British Columbia . 3529-6270 University Blvd. Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada) Phone: 778-323-4036 (Mobile) 604-822-2019 (Lab) [email protected]

