From: Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com>
Subject: Fwd: [efloraofindia:53516] Request for ID – 021010SC3
To: "efloraofindia" <indiantreepix@googlegroups.com>
Date: Sunday, 7 November, 2010, 6:58 AM

Some earlier relevant feedback:
“Shoba ji, this is Acalypha indica or Indian nettle.  This is growing wild in
our area.
Regards,
Mani”
 “Looks like Acalypha indica

Flowers would confirm--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

“For me the leaf margin impedes to conclude as Acalypa indica. ” from Muthu ji.

"... this could be Boehmeria macrophylla ... the African jolanettle, false
nettle, wild ramie.

Please wait for comment(s)." from Dinesh ji. "I don't think Boehmeria
macrophyllahttp://www.henriettesherbal.com/pictures/p03/pages/boehmeria-macrophylla.htm
--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh"
"Gurcharan ji ... requesting you to take a look at these two links showing

2) http://plants.jstor.org/taxon/specimens/Boehmeria.macrophylla?s=-ttl&tab=specimens&doi=10.5555/AL.AP.COMPILATION.PLANT-NAME-SPECIES.Boehmeria.macrophylla
Another possibility of Muthu ji's plant could be a species of Laportea (syn.
Fleurya, Urtica)." from Dinesh ji.

A reply from Mahadeswara ji:"This is not Acalypha indica.   I  am sure.  The
plant ( A.indica) is available near my house-  very common weed.  The plant in
question may be a type of stinging nettle."

"it looks like Boehmeria species can be B. macrophylla
Regards
Satish Pardeshi"

Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089