On Nov 19, 5:32 am, Parjanya guru <gurooji1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> .. Does the plant have a synonym - *I.perlonga..??*
>

> >   Parjanya Guru
> >  +919738723392

Hello,

       Yes, Ipomoea perlonga is a synonym of Ipomoea parasitica,

The photos of Ipomoea parasitica in the PlantFiles are all from my
private germplasm collection and were photographed with a particular
view to clarify and document the important details for IDentifying
ipomoea parasitica.

I hope they may ultimately prove to be useful.

There are many species that originated in the New World which have
naturalized in the Old World and vice-verse...so , it is important
that non-native species be considered when IDentifying anything
growing in a tropical or semi-tropical area as these type of climatic
environments are conducive to very many species to thrive within ..

I am personally more familiar with the characteristics of those
species that originated and occur  on my side of the 'pond' but share
what i may have to offer on Old World species as well...

Thanks for your question(s)

regards,

Ron