Thanks Tanay - I am really thrilled to know about it's medicinal
importance - specially when I searched google with the scientific name
and found it's use for cancer treatment:

some extracts from google search :

" is a mushroom widely used in Japan as an adjunct to biomedical
cancer treatments. In terms of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM),
Coriolus is said to clear dampness, phelgm and heat. Over 400 clinical
studies have demonstrated that Coriolus polysaccharide extracts have
immune modulating and anti-tumor effects."

"Coriolus Versicolor is Potent Mushroom for Fighting Cancer and
Autoimmune Diseases

Being attracted by it's layer-by-layer colours, I took a snapshot and
just for curiosity, I posted to this group. The knowledge I get is
amazing.

Thanks
Dalia


On Dec 6, 7:20 pm, tanay bose <[email protected]> wrote:
> *
>
> Trametes versicolor* (common name: Turkey's Tail) Syn:  Coriolus versicolor
> ; Polyporus versicolor.
> The mushroom grows on decaying wood and comes in an array of colours.
> Mani Ji this is not Sphagnum moss they never ever grow in such dry places
> the other name of Sphagnum
> is bog moss hence they grow only over bogs. We get to see a lot of Sphagnum
> in Canada as the country has the
> highest percentage of bogs in the world.
>
> More sphagnum :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sphagnum
>
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sphagnum>Tanay
>
>
>
>
>
> On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 4:22 AM, mani nair <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Looks like Spagnum moss.
>
> > Regards,
>
> > Mani.
>
> > On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 5:43 PM, Dalia Set <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >> Pioture taken at Mayabati, Uttaranchal, while trekking to a nearby point.
> >> I think it is a fugus. Please identify for me.
>
> >> Thanks
> >> Dalia
>
> --
> *Tanay Bose*
> Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant.
> Department of Botany.
> University of British Columbia .
> 3529-6270 University Blvd.
> Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
> Phone: 778-323-4036 (Mobile)
>             604-822-2019 (Lab)
> [email protected] Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

Reply via email to