There are so many varieties cultivated here at sawantwadi..some mature
earlier & can be harvested before other,some with flavour like
Basamati,dwarf varieties probably hybrids... even i do not know names and
all, didnot ever thought of it..but now i think i must know...i can get info
from local agricultural research center

--
Smita raskar
M.Sc. (Botany)