Since our school days we are hearing about cladode of Ruscus.  In year
1996 we planted many plants of Ruscus in our college but never seen
with flowers. During our visit to Nouni university we were just
wandering in the campus when we came across this plant. From a little
distance i thought that some type of insects are there on the plant.
When went near to this we were very glad to see the flowers.
This plant is taught as example as cladode, but in true sense it is
not cladode (cladode is a phylloclade of one or two internode and
phylloclade is a flattened stem of several internodes functioning as a
leaf). this is actually a cladophyll. A cladophyll is a flattened leaf
like stem arising in the axils of a minute, bract-like, true leaf.
pls also attached pics

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103