Oh what a lovely display of nature...

On 19 February 2011 11:52, Mayur Nandikar <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hello to all
>
> Due to some field explorations during the 10th to 16th February I was
> unable to co-ordinate the Commelinaceae week successfully and I apologies
> for this. But addition to this I have good collection and I wish to continue
> with a new topic *(Commelinaceae in **India)* with the prior permission of
> all group members.
>
> Here is the first posting of a lovely herb, which earlier posted by Dr.
> Tabish a year back and Photographed by Divya Umesh. I recently visited that
> locality which mentioned by Divya ji and I able to locate this beautiful
> plant (thanks due to Muthu ji, Umesh and Jagdish),
>
> *Murdannia striatipetala *Faden
>
> Type: Sri Lanka, Jaffna District (US; PDA).
>
> Distribution: Sri Lanka and Southern India
>
> Best Seen at: *Thirumullaivoyal,* on the bank of Red Hills Lake (Puzahal
> Lake), Chennai. 13* 14' 703 N and 80* 13' 709 E; Elevation: 11 meters
>
> Unbranched to tufted annual herb up to 20-25 cm tall with definite base.
> Leaf lamina oblong to lanceolate. Flowers terminal or axillary from the
> upper leaves. Petals pale lavender with dark, contrasting veins,margin
> crenulate; stamens 3 bending to one side of the flower, the style to the
> other, filaments densely bearded with short, appressed hairs; seeds
> uniseriate and 5-7 per locule.
>
> Photograph taken at above mentioned place on 13th Feb. 2010.
>
>
> Thank you
> --
> Mr. Mayur D. Nandikar,
> Research Student,
> Department of Botany,
> Shivaji University,
> Kolhapur.
>

Reply via email to