I doubt Samir ji's plant being E. caducifolia. This can be verified from
careful comparison with type specimen attached by Rashida ji and the
following links

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jvblogger/3327843177/

<http://www.flickr.com/photos/jvblogger/3327843177/>
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Euphorbia_caducifolia
<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Euphorbia_caducifolia>

E. caducifolia is more like E. nivulia in stem without angles,
differentiated from latter in absence of distinct trunk with branches
arising from base, smaller leaves (3-8 cm long) and longer spines 0.5-1 cm
(leaves 10-25 cm long, spines shorter than 0.5 cm in E. nivulia).

To me the above plants appears E. neriifolia with spirally arranged spines
on low angles.

Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/