Great Mathuri ji
That was a really nice one, thanks a  lot.

Long live efloraofindia
Long  live our story telling group


-- 
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/


On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 12:05 AM, <[email protected]> wrote:

> Dear Sir ji,
> I liked the write up. Many times I have expressed myself why I like eflora.
> But today I can't resist telling a story
> Yesterday in our society members feliciteted me for becomming Dean. One
> honourable lady who has done her Ph.D in child psycology and was a pricipal
> of B.Ed. College in her speech said--
> In our life we have four stages. In the first stage we are a small child
> spending most of the time with parents.
> In second stage we take education in school and college.
> In third stage we take a job, get married, get our achievements in life and
> start thinking about retirement mostly from the age of 55. And then spend
> our time slugishly in office in the pretex that we will retier in two/three
> yrs so why work? And we retier. This occurs in 95% of the cases. But
> remaining 5% think that they should utilise their knowledge for betterment!
> Which may be betterment for themselves or for office or for society. This is
> called as vocational maturity. Since they have achieved vocational maturity
> they r of great help because their experience and expertise in the field is
> really comandable.
> I will like to say that you are on that mode now. You are utilising your
> knowledge, time, patience for betterment of the group and people like us.
> Hats off to you!
> Bye
> Madhuri
>
> Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel
> ------------------------------
> *From: * Gurcharan Singh <[email protected]>
> *Sender: * [email protected]
> *Date: *Sun, 20 Mar 2011 20:06:30 +0530
> *To: *efloraofindia<[email protected]>
> *Subject: *[efloraofindia:65205] Why I love Efloraofindia Group?
>
> Why I love Efloraofindia?
>
>
> I have asked myself many a times why do I feel so involved with
> efloraofindia group and love interacting it? I found the following answers:
>
> 1.      I love the group because it has given me a good reason to keep
> busy after retirement (I felt involved even before formal retirement), so
> that I don’t have to think about how should I spend my time.
>
> I     I love the group because it has given me a reason to restudy,
> catalogue, digitise my herbarium collection of more than 10,000 specimens,
> which were lying unattended due to my busy teaching schedule. I would be
> uploading these as a virtual herbarium.
>
> 2.      I love this group because it has now given me a zeal and plan to
> visit as many places as possible. More important, visiting these places in
> different months so that I am able to find, photograph and have new plants
> to report in the group. Adding these to my publications would be a bonus for
> me.
>
> 3.      I love this group because of our prominent members Garg ji (who in
> spite of being the owner of the group, has never given the impression of
> authority), Dinesh ji (the architect of its great advancement), Satish
> Phadke ji (the great strength of the group), Vijayasankar ji, Shrikant ji,
> Nayan ji, Nidhan ji, Balkar ji, Prashant ji, Tabish ji, Pravin ji, Devendra
> ji and Promila ji (the great experts, who don’t allow any plant to go
> unidentified, and at the same time are great examples of high morality and
> great humility, the examples to be followed by our youngsters.
>
> 4.      I love this group for plant lovers Neil ji, Yazdy ji, who own huge
> collection of plants in their estates and never hesitate to share these. I
> salute Neil ji for his great knowledge of plants.
>
> 5.      I love the group for members like Nalini ji, Madhuri ji, Padmini
> ji, Aarti ji, Rashida ji, Pankaj Oudyia ji, Anand ji, our story telling
> group, who never miss an occasion to add spice to the information, and never
> allow the discussion to lose its interest. Mani ji and Antaryamy have added
> flavor to these interactions by their frequent Hindi couplets.
>
> 6.      I love the group for its young experts Pankaj ji, Mahadeswara ji,
> Giby ji, Rajdeo ji, Muthu ji, Smita ji, Ritesh ji, Mayur ji, Manudev ji,
> Raghu ji, Shantanu ji for their great expertise, love for plants and never
> hesitating to share their point of view, although maintaining the high
> standards of communication. They are the future of the group. Snehal ji, I
> am happy, is learning it fast. Others who interact less frequently, and I am
> able to recollect their names may please excuse me.
>
> 7.      I love Tanay (the only person I don’t attach ji) the most, because
> this young fellow who has such a great knowledge of plants from every part
> of India/World at this young age has attained the high level of maturity
> after joining this group.
>
> 8.      Our new active members Alok ji, Puttaraju ji and others are
> enriching our database and gradually adjusting to the group norms.
>
> M  My request to some young members is not to get tempted to depict the
> show of authority and knowledge. The members are intelligent enough to
> understand the capability of each member. These young members have a great
> future, and I wish that learning from the experience of interacting in the
> group would bring great success in life.
>
>
>
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
> SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>
>

Reply via email to