Dear friends ... one of the chief reasons for liking this group is that the members do not tire while they repeat sharing knowledge again and again for the benefit of new members. Members have varied enthusiasms - thus have found that queries of different nature have solutions readily shared. Importantly errors and mistakes (from scientific view) are always at a check. Each one is expert as well as humble in their own way. My salutes.
Personally, am just a plain lover of nature, the fact is: I am gaining more than what I am sharing !!! Regards. Dinesh On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 9:07 AM, Rakesh Biswas <[email protected]>wrote: > Thanks Gurcharan ji and others. > > I have learned a lot from this group and i am glad that learning has not > remained confined to learning only about flora. > > regards, > > rakesh > > > On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 7:53 AM, Padmini Raghavan <[email protected]>wrote: > >> I love this group ( and have never failed to try to get friends, relatives >> and anyone who has the time to listen to me involved in it ) because of the >> selfless way those with knowledge reach out to help in ID-ing and clarifying >> doubts of others, be they junior botanists or lay people like me. >> >> I have been told that I am a fool to give my pictures ( which I am >> inordinately proud of at times, since I am a Point-and-Shoot photographer, >> who is irritated by F-length and aperture etc.) to be used by all and >> sundry, but I feel I should be proud to follow in the footsteps of Garg-ji >> who has thrown open his huge collection to the world at large. >> One is remined that "Not by bread alone...." >> >> Each good catch thrills me no end so though I know that I will not make >> any money out of it, I have the rich glow of satisfaction of adding to the >> bank of illustrated knowledge of Indian flora. >> >> Since I am at the fag end of my professional career, ( fortunately as of >> now, gynaecologists in private practice are not given the pink slip at age >> 58 ) it is good to have an absorbing hobby which can be pursued while >> remaining in the city, where I am on call at all times. >> >> My thanks go out to the moderators and senior members of the group for >> maintaining decorum and to all others for adding colour to the exchanges. >> >> With regards, >> Padmini Raghavan. >> >> >> >> >> >> On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 8:06 PM, Gurcharan Singh <[email protected]>wrote: >> >>> Why I love Efloraofindia? >>> >>> >>> >

