Thanks for detailed reply.

In early days of my surveys I were adopting random sampling technique as it
was required to publish a paper. But later in villages I found that every
native in village has different knowledge about herbs growing in
surroundings then how random sampling can give accurate result? I started
interacting each and every individual and still continuing it. It take many
decades and many times entire life but it results in accurate as well as
detailed information. Yes, you can not publish it in form of research
papers. Who bothers as another option on online articles is there.

Pterocarpus and Teminalia chebula including other Terminalias are store
house of orchid diversity (Vijayashankar ji can throw more light on it). I
have found many species in visits of Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand. That's why
I was expecting it in your paper. I am sure that more surveys in the same
area will result in new information. For time being this paper can be used
as reference.

Local people play vital role in such surveys. Expecting that you have taken
their services. May be not as I have not seen their names in acknowledgment.
;(

If possible please send the list of reported host trees of Dendrobium in
India. If names of Pterocarpus, T.alata and T.chebula like trees are not
there then lets start publishing new records by Pankaj and Pankaj from
Efloraindia.

regards

Pankaj Oudhia