A reply: "Dear Manudevji, I think June-August is the best time for Amorphophallus sp. in ASSAM. During my field surveys in the western Assam, I have collected A. krausei, A. muelleri, A. napalensis. Attached is A nepalensis.
Regards, Raju Das" On 27 June 2011 15:19, manudev madhavan <[email protected]> wrote: > Dear Ritehshji, > > Thank you very much for the information. > Unfortunately, i am not able to make the trip this year as my felllowship > has not come yet. > Also, the flowering season is almost complete for Himalayan regions, I > guess. > I hope to make it next year. > Anyway I would like to contact Dr. Dera Natung. > Do you have any contact number or email ID? > > Anyway thanks again for your help.. > > > > On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 11:43 AM, Ritesh Choudhary > <[email protected]>wrote: > >> Dear Manudev Ji, >> >> Arunachal Pradesh is the best place in NE to study Arisaemas. I would >> suggest you to visit Kameng and Tawang districts of Arunachal Pradesh. >> Both East and West Kameng districts are full of Arisaemas. Further u >> can move to Tawang area where I've observed a few species. If you have >> more time in hand....try to visit Siang (either East, West or Upper) >> districts also. >> >> You can also contact Dr. Joram Muthu who is working in Dera Natung >> Government College of Itanagar as an Asstt. Professor. He has worked >> on Araceae of Arunachal Pradesh and has good knowledge on Arisaema and >> their localities in Arunachal Pradesh. >> >> Hope this helps. >> >> Regards, >> Ritesh. > > > > > -- > *Manudev K Madhavan* > Junior Research Fellow > Systematic & Floristic Lab, > Department of Botany, > Centre for Postgraduate Studies & Research > St. Joseph's College, Devagiri > Kozhikode- 673 008 > Mob: 9496470738 > > -- With regards, J.M.Garg ([email protected]) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1 'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna' The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a *thousand species* & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise): http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg. You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image. For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1600 members & 70,000 messages on 30/5/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5000 species)

