Someone has said you are right. Yes in one aspect you are.
But other points to consider
1. People keep bonsai in house, balcany, small gardens in front of the house
where space restriction comes.
2. No one make bonsai in forests and jungles where lot of space is available
for individual plant to grow to full extent.
3. Bonsai are made of generally big growing trees, which are practically
imposible to grow in balcany with the size 4' by 6'.
4. Those who have access to open gardens infront of the house can grow max one
or two big trees.
5. In such cases I feel bonsai atleast bring some greenary to the house,
preserve the genome.
6. They continue to do the function of trees, that is producing oxygen, using
carbondioxide etc etc. Neede in cement jungle.
7. Think about the asthetic beauty given by them.
8. Think about the people who are not actually been able to go out and admire
the beauty.
9. Think about the creater's joy when a successful bonsai is achieved.
10. Looking at a flowering/ fruting/ prfectly shaped bonsai is soothing to
mind, help in reducing BP. gives pleasures etc etc.
I think benefits are more. I do have pictures of some beautiful bonsai. Will
have to search. May send some time.
Madhuri
Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel