Dear Balkar ji:
New to my eyes, though my ears had heard about this...

My Dad's wood furniture polish guy had talked of some tree whose
 leaves were used by his father for the final poilsh on small
 delicate ornamental pieces...

I /we thought he was shooting the breeze and pulling our legs
 that day many years ago...  he said it was called Sheora...
he talked of some other leaves that were also quite rough like
fine sandpaper...  I wish I had written down the list...
such memories are priceless... little did I know..
It had taken me awhile to track down that bengali name,
and then discovered  he was not being funny, he was in the earnest...
I had found it in Tinkodi Ghosh’s Bonaushadhi book ..

I had forgotten that episode..

Untill today, I googled your tree name ..
and the story floated up from deep recesses of the memory bank...

MY Question:   did you get to feel the surface of the leaves?
is it really  rough enough to be used as polishing material?

Usha di
====