the black Guava is sold here at Chandigarh at one of the nurseries.
once when i was in that nursery to buy some plants a female came there
and started fighting with the owner. she had a complaint that the
black guava plant which she bought though bore fruits with a red
inside pulp tastes like water. to which the nursery owner said that
you cant get everything from a plant....differently looking black
fruits and they should also be tasty...thats not possible....

but i personally think that that can be possible if the plant is grown
at its native place or more suitable conditions...

Alok