Copy-pasting from Wiki...
Value

According to Daniel Winkler, the price of Cordyceps sinensis has risen
dramatically on the Tibetan
Plateau<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tibetan_Plateau>,
basically 900% between 1998 and 2008, an annual average of over 20%.
However, the value of big-sized caterpillar fungus has increased more
dramatically than smaller size Cordyceps, regarded as lower
quality.[19]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordyceps#cite_note-Winkler2008-18>
 Year  % Price increase Price/kg
(Yuan<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_yuan>
)  1980s
1,800  1997 467% (incl. inflation) 8,400  2004 429% (incl. inflation) 36,000
2005
10,000–60,000

According to *Modern Marvels <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_Marvels>*,
a show on the History Channel <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_Channel>,
mushroom hunters in Nepal can earn 900 dollars for an ounce of
cordyceps.[1]<http://www.alohamedicinals.com/research.htm>

The high value of cordyceps was evidently the reason it was one of only two
Chinese traditional medicines to be stolen in a brazen theft in British
Columbia. The stolen cordyceps has been estimated to have been worth Can
$38,000.

Note: 6.4 Chinese Yuan = 1 USD
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordyceps#cite_note-19>

Regards