From: Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com>
Subject: Fwd: [efloraofindia:63218] ID request - 20022011-PKA1
To: "efloraofindia" <indiantreepix@googlegroups.com>, "Prashant awale"
<pkaw...@gmail.com>, "Neil Soares" <drneilsoa...@yahoo.com>, "Shrikant
Ingalhalikar" <le...@rediffmail.com>, "Muthu Karthick" <nmk....@gmail.com>,
"Dinesh Valke" <dinesh.va...@gmail.com>, "Mahadeswara" <swamy.c...@gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 9:47 PM

Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise please.
Some earlier relevant feedback:
“... to me looks like Mallotus nudiflorus (syn. Trewia nudiflora) ... ” from
Dinesh ji.

“The leaves appears to belong to Trewia nudiflora L., but the flowers and
fruits not matching. Please see my earlier postings of T.nudiflora L.
here https://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/895fd8c0dfed0def/b67b0740c20e37fb?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=Trewia+nudiflora#b67b0740c20e37fb

But here also Prashantji's tree is
posted https://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/15958fe83e0eeee2/e3e6409c7fe7fc62?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=Trewia+nudiflora#
The Tamil name of this tree refers to its riparian habit. Prashantji, did you
taken the picture near a water body? Am I confusing? please solve these
queries.” from Muthu ji.

“I think the leaves also do not belong to T. nudiflora. There is a  distinct
front  venation of the leaves in T. nudiflora and not as cordate as seen in the
pictures.
regards,
Rashida.”

"Agree with Rashida. This does not look like Trewia nudiflora. Sending a link
to my photographs of T.nudiflora for comparison.
https://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/15958fe83e0eeee2/e3e6409c7fe7fc62?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=Trewia+nudiflora-+Neil+Soares#e3e6409c7fe7fc62";
 from Neil ji.

"Prashant ji, I appreciate your keen observation. I am seeing pictures of this
(female) tree for the first time but can say that this is
female plant of T. nudiflora. Globose woody fruits with 3 yellow styles can be
seen on long stout peduncles. The leaves also tally
though Rashida ji and Neil ji seem to differ. The other tree posted in another
post is a male tree of the same sp. clearly showing flowers with stamens in
pedulous racemes. The female tree is fruiting so the male tree had to be
around, good you got both together. Why not search for another Trewia
polycarpa which has female flowers in racemes and the fruits are 8 mm, ovoid
instead of 3 cm, globose as in T. nudiflora. I have been searching for this
tree for last several years. Keep it up. Regards, Shrikant"

"Just to put things in perspective. The leaves of Prashant's tree dont look
anything like this.
Sending photographs of 2 of my Trewia nudiflora trees at my farm at Shahapur.
                      Regards,
                        Neil Soares."

Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089