To me this looks like Abutilon indicum, owing to the soft indumentum (hairs
on stems long but seemingly weak) and overall appearance of plant. As you
said, the petals lack emargination. I may be wrong. But if you have recorded
the number of mericarps, then it may be easy to fix the id. A. hirtum has
25, whereas it is less in A. indicum.

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi