No mam, they wont become pot bond. they have to be maintained but
pruning the roots as well as branches and its not matter of years but
every year you have to do this to maintain the plant live, or it can
break the pot too and once the pot is full of roots then obviously
there is no nutrition inside...
Pankaj

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 8:40 PM, promila chaturvedi
<thegardener.chaturv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dr. Kumar,
> I want to know that after remaining in pot for few years, they will not
> become pot bound?
> Promila
> On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 12:50 PM, Madhuri Raut <itii...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thank you Pankajji. Just one question. If we plant these Bonsais in the
>> ground again do they again grow normally?
>> Regards
>> Bhagyashri
>>
>> On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 5:24 PM, Dr Pankaj Kumar <sahanipan...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes you were given a perfect wrong answer.
>>> For Bonsai they never put chemicals to make it short.
>>> Its just the maintenance of roots and twigs to keep it within the
>>> limitation of nutrition in the pot.
>>> I remember once during my MSc exam I was asked, "isnt making bonsai is
>>> like torturing plants?" and my answer was "no, its a means of ex-situ
>>> conservation of some important large as well as small plants. Japnese
>>> excelled it to decorate their gardens, but they excelled in
>>> maintaining some plants which we cant even work in ground.". To me its
>>> same as cutting a child's hair to make him look more civilized :). But
>>> trust me, if the world looses all its natural trees from its natural
>>> environment, then Bonsai is the only option when we can maintain them
>>> and see them.
>>> Pankaj

"Taxonomists getting Extinct and Species Data Deficient !!"

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Conservation Officer
Flora Conservation Department
Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden (KFBG) Corporation
Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong

email: pku...@kbfg.org
         sahanipan...@gmail.com
         pankajsah...@rediffmail.com
Phone: +852 2483 7128 (office - 8:30am to 5:30pm)
           +852 5431 6094 (mobile)