That's fun and joy u get when u r amongst nature, it gives a life long 
experience, memories, all positi ve energy to live.
I am missing it really.
Madhuri
Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

-----Original Message-----
From: Dr  Pankaj Kumar <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 18:12:05 
To: efloraofindia<[email protected]>
Subject: [efloraofindia:82125] Re: ORCHIDACEAE: Spathoglottis pubescens Lindl.

Thanks a lot for appreciating mam.
I went on a walk and reached this place and found some Curculigo like
leaves on the slopes. I was thinking, it has to be orchid and I took
some pic, didnt want to dig out, but just checked by inserted my
fingers in soil. And I was so foolish, the flowers were blooming just
next to it at 1 distance. I laughed at myself :P.
Pankaj



On Sep 18, 3:38 am, Madhuri Pejaver <[email protected]> wrote:
> REALLY BEAUTIFUL
> Madhuri
>
> --- On Sat, 17/9/11, Pankaj Kumar <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > From: Pankaj Kumar <[email protected]>
> > Subject: [efloraofindia:82080] ORCHIDACEAE: Spathoglottis pubescens Lindl.
> > To: "indiantreepix" <[email protected]>
> > Date: Saturday, 17 September, 2011, 3:21 PM
> > Spathoglottis pubescens Lindl., Gen.
> > Sp. Orchid. Pl.: 120 (1831).
>
> > Synonyms:
> > Spathoglottis plicata var. pubescens (Lindl.) M.Hiroe,
> > Orchid Flowers
> > 2: 89 (1971).
> > Epipactis graminifolia Roxb., Fl. Ind. ed. 1832, 3: 456
> > (1832).
> > Pogonia graminifolia (Roxb.) Voigt, Hort. Suburb. Calcutt.:
> > 632 (1845).
> > Spathoglottis fortunei Lindl., Edwards's Bot. Reg. 31: t.
> > 19 (1845).
> > Spathoglottis parvifolia Lindl., Edwards's Bot. Reg. 31: t.
> > 19 (1845).
> > Spathoglottis khasyana Griff., Not. Pl. Asiat. 3: 323
> > (1851).
> > Spathoglottis bensonii Hook.f., Fl. Brit. India 5: 814
> > (1890).
> > Spathoglottis pubescens var. berkleyi Hook.f., Fl. Brit.
> > India 5: 814 (1890).
> > Spathoglottis pubescens var. parvifolia (Lindl.) Hook.f.,
> > Fl. Brit.
> > India 5: 814 (1890).
>
> > Family: ORCHIDACEAE
> > Distribution: Arunachal Pradesh to South China and
> > Indo-China
>
> > Current Location: On the hill slopes in Tai Po, New
> > Territories, at
> > around 600m in KFBG campus but wild, Hong Kong.
> > Camera used: IPHONE4 (I am a poor photographer as I have no
> > other
> > camera right now :P)
>
> > Regards
> > Pankaj
>
> > --
> > ***********************************************
> > "Taxonomists getting Extinct and Species Data Deficient
> > !!"
>
> > Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
> > Conservation Officer
> > Flora Conservation Department
> > Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden (KFBG) Corporation
> > Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong
>
> > email: [email protected]
> >          [email protected]
> >          [email protected]
> > Phone: +852 2483 7128 (office - 8:30am to 5:30pm)
> >            +852 5431 6094 (mobile)

Reply via email to