Yes, please elaborate the tentative budget so that I may be able to
suggest something good.
Regards
Pankaj

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 2:25 PM, Giby Kuriakose <giby.kuriak...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Gurcharan Ji and Balkar Ji,
> Please tell about your budget.
> I recently purchased Nikon D7000 with kit lens and Nikkor 105mm AF VR micro.
> They are working very nicely and I am getting some good pictures. My cousin
> bought the same in USA and bring the same here when he came home during last
> May. I could save a considerable amount by purchasing this camera from USA.
>
> Actually, for macro photography, we don't need VR (Vibration reduction for
> Nikon cameras) as it doesn't function within 3m.
> Sigma and Tamaron also produce good macro lenses that can be used with
> Nikon, Canon or Sony DSLR's.
> I am also fond of Panasonic LUMIX series cameras
> (http://panasonic.net/avc/lumix/systemcamera/gms/index.html).
> You may also visit dpreview.com (http://www.dpreview.com/) for more details
> on different cameras and updates.
>

> Regards,
> Giby
>

> On 4 October 2011 12:51, Balkar Arya <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Yes Sir
>> Same Problem with me and planning to purchase a good camera (DSLR)
>> preferebly Nikon
>> Suggestions pls
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 12:33 PM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear members
>>> I already have a sony alpha 100 DSLR camera with normal 17-72 lens, a
>>> telephoto lens 72-315 with macro which brings it to around 1 m and I use for
>>> focussing flowers on trees. For general habit and group photos I use Digicam
>>> Panasonic DMC Z53 Lumix 12X, 25 wide angle and HD movie which I use for
>>> group photos, general habit of plant, and shooting movie scenes. For
>>> photographs of twig I generally use Sony DSLR normal lens and for close ups
>>> in absence of a good macro lens, I use extension tubes 36 mm + 20 mm + 12 mm
>>> which I use in different combinations, but still miss the sharpness of macro
>>> lens. I feel inconvenient to shift between normal lens and normal
>>> lens+extension tube every time, and plan to buy a new good DSLR camera with
>>> macro lens. Could you suggest a good camera with better features and within
>>> manageable budget. Please suggest a few good one to choose from.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
>>> Retired  Associate Professor
>>> SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
>>> Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
>>> Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
>>> http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>>>

>> --
>> Regards
>>
>> Dr Balkar Singh
>> Head, Deptt. of Botany and Biotechnology
>> Arya P G College, Panipat
>> Haryana-132103
>> 09416262964
>

> --
> GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
> Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and the Environment (ATREE),
> Royal Enclave,
> [...]

"Taxonomists getting Extinct and Species Data Deficient !!"

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Conservation Officer

Office:
Flora Conservation Department
Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden (KFBG) Corporation
Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong.

Residence:
36B, Ng Tung Chai, Lam Tseun
Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong.

email: pku...@kbfg.org
       sahanipan...@gmail.com
       pankajsah...@rediffmail.com
Phone: +852 2483 7128 (office - 8:30am to 5:30pm)
       +852 9436 6251; +852 5431 6094 (mobile)