Forwarding again for any assistance in the matter please.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com>
Date: 1 July 2011 14:36
Subject: [efloraofindia:72999] Rhynchostylis retusa :: State Flower of Assam
and Arunachal Pradesh
To: efloraofindia <indiantreepix@googlegroups.com>

Dear friends,
*
Rhynchostylis retusa* is the State Flower of two states in India, Assam and
Arunachal Pradesh.

কপৌ-ফুল *kopou phool* is its name in Assamese.

Failed to find any mention of its local name in Arunachal Pradesh ...
perhaps because there are too many languages prevalent there.
Yet will be glad to know of any common name (other than foxtail orchid).
For instance, *sita pushpa*, *draupadi pushpa* are mentioned in web pages
related to orchids of the state, though not clearly.

Regards.
Dinesh

J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)
The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a *thousand species* &
eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged
alphabetically & place-wise):
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg. You can also use them
for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.
please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group:
http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1725 members &
85,000 messages on 30/9/11) or Efloraofindia website:
https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database
of around 5500 species).
India'.