As the Kachchh district of Gujarat has the wide spread invasion of this
exotic species , *Prosopis juliflora* and it is well known among all. Seed
of this species was spread by "HELICOPTER" on the frieng of Rann (DESERT) to
combat its spread and also declared as "Royal Plant" during time of SMT.
INDIRA GANDHI".

the important thing is that, during the last four year of field work in the
Kachchh and Saurashtra, i found that some indigenous species (specially
climbers) have been established good associated with Prosopis juliflora.
Among the two climber were reported as threatened.

IN the case of local society, during the 3 year permission to make charcoal
from *Prosopis juliflora,* people of Kachchh made Charcoal of crores but the
important thing is that certain people have been identify some traditional
uses of various parts of *Prosopis juliflora* specially in their traditional
medicina; system.  i am preparing one article on that and when it will get
published, i will forward to all of you.

if any of us having such literature regarding to this, please send me for my
strong references work.

--
PATEL ROHITKUMAR MANGALBHAI, M.Sc, *PhD*
ASSOCIATE FELLOW