I found some interesting info on the net about this plant

1)A PHYLOGENETIC ANALYSIS OF THE CASCABELA–THEVETIA SPECIES COMPLEX
(PLUMERIEAE, APOCYNACEAE) BASED ON MORPHOLOGY1

http://www.bioone.org/doi/abs/10.3417/0026-6493(2007)94%5B298:APAOTC%5D2.0.CO;2

Pankaj ji This has so many botanical terms that it was tough for me but I
thought it would be interesting for all the Botany experts

 2)Plants used as Patri for Vinaayaka chavithi

10 Vikataya Namaha: వికటాయ

(Sanskrit)Karaveera patra (Telugu)Genneru

Botanical name: Thevetia neerifolia/Cascabela thevitia(Family:Apocyanaceae)

A shrub found in siva temples.

http://lalithambanlr.blogspot.com/

Regards
Bhagyashri