Yes Ushadi
This plant was discussed in our forum in detail, when some one mentioned
about sweet karela being grown in N E India. Subsequently I found it in
Manali, Kashmir this year and couple of times in California grown as
vegetable. Manali people call it as karela.

Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/