Would you please send a more clear picture (you may crop the picture with
the object inside the picture then re-size).
To me it looks like Moss plants (Bryophyta).



Regards
Giby



On 27 October 2011 16:35, Ramjee Nagarajan <[email protected]> wrote:

> Dear Friends,
>
> Thanks to my son, I got to see this Lichen-like growth on a common white
> Frangipani tree/ Champa Tree or சம்பங்கி as shown in the photo enclosed. I
> always thought Lichens are kind of Bio-indicators of clean air! Am sure the
> place where I live (Vannandurai) is not that clean that lichens could come
> up. Are there varieties of lichens that manages to survive even in harsh
> environmental conditions like that in Chennai?
>
> Would love to learn.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Cheers,
> ramjee
>



-- 
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and the Environment (ATREE),
Royal Enclave,
Jakkur Post, Srirampura
Bangalore- 560064
India
Phone - +91 9448714856 (Mobile)
visit my pictures @ http://www.flickr.com/photos/giby

Reply via email to