Thank you very much, Pankaj. I think that is the correct species - Vijay
________________________________ From: Pankaj Kumar <[email protected]> To: Vijay Anand Ismavel <[email protected]> Cc: Gurcharan Singh <[email protected]>; efloraofindia <[email protected]>; Nidhan Singh <[email protected]>; Giby Kuriakose <[email protected]> Sent: Saturday, 29 October 2011 8:33 PM Subject: Re: Fwd: [efloraofindia:79194] 24052011VA1 - Flower for ID Yes this is hybrid of Epidendrum radicans. Pankaj On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 8:53 PM, Vijay Anand Ismavel <[email protected]> wrote: I am sorry - I don't have another picture. I am sending a copy of the full (unedited un-cropped) picture which has a few more flowers in the frame. The picture was taken in the orchid section of Queen Sirisit Botanical Gardens, Chiang Mai, Thailand. > >Vijay > > > > >________________________________ >From: Gurcharan Singh <[email protected]> >To: efloraofindia <[email protected]>; Vijay Anand Ismavel ><[email protected]>; Nidhan Singh <[email protected]>; Giby >Kuriakose <[email protected]>; Dr. Pankaj Kumar <[email protected]> >Sent: Saturday, 29 October 2011 1:06 PM >Subject: Fwd: [efloraofindia:79194] 24052011VA1 - Flower for ID > > > >Resurfacing again for ID > > >Earlier feedback > > >Giby >ji............................................................................Is > it an Orchid flower? >Please post picture of whole plant with inflorescence and leaves clearly >visible. > > > > >-- >Dr. Gurcharan Singh >Retired Associate Professor >SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007 >Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018. >Phone: 011-25518297 Mob: 9810359089 >http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/ > > >---------- Forwarded message ---------- >From: Vijay Anand Ismavel <[email protected]> >Date: Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 5:04 PM >Subject: [efloraofindia:79194] 24052011VA1 - Flower for ID >To: Indian Treepix <[email protected]> > > > >I wonder whether it is acceptable to post a picture from outside India for ID. This was taken at the Queen Sirisit Botanical Garden at Chiang Mai, Thailand on 24th May 2011. If it is not allowed, my apologies. I have only this single picture of this flower and plant. > > > > > > -- ********************************************************************** "Taxonomists getting Extinct and Species Data Deficient !!" Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae) Conservation Officer Office: Flora Conservation Department Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden (KFBG) Corporation Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong. Residence: 36c, Ng Tung Chai, Lam Tseun Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong. email: [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] Phone: +852 2483 7128 (office - 8:30am to 5:30pm) +852 9436 6251 (mobile)

