Sorry Giby.
 I really appreciate all your help and do not wish to appear
ungrateful.

However, Lasianthus parvifolius is not at all like it.

My mystery shrub has 5 petals not 4.

I found this pic showing the leaves.

http://www.biotik.org/india/species/l/lasiparv/lasiparv_05_en.html

It just doesn't come close to my amateur eye.

It was a very large shrub. My pic does not show the bulk of the shrub,
just a few bottom branches. See my 3rd pic for the base of the mother
plant.

I thought at the time it might be a shrubby honeysuckle. But the
stigma is not right.

Of all the unidentified plants from this trip this is THE one I would
really love to id.
I thought my close up pics showing the detail pretty well would make
it so easy! Not so!

Any further thoughts anyone?

Regards
Sheila.