Thank you Ritesh for being persistent in bringing it up again. There
seems to be some confusion in the names Sterculia hamiltonii  and
Sterculia coccinea - GRIN considers them synonyms of each other, but
theplantlist considers the status of these names as unresolved.
Nevertheless pictures of Sterculia coccinea flowers on the web agree
with the flowers seen here:
 http://www.natureloveyou.sg/Sterculia%20coccinea/Main.html
 So, one has to give a more careful look.
  - Tabish