The pictures that I sent were from a paddy field [wetland] with the trees
growing along the bunds. But there were a few of these trees growing on the
banks of the River Kabini some distance away.

I did think of Salix tetrasperma after I read the description and saw the
picture 
here<http://opendata.keystone-foundation.org/salix-tetrasperma-roxb-var-terasperma>.
But the trees I saw were much more golden/yellow hued as in my photo.The
leaves look similar, but I really don't know enough to distinguish!

On 2 December 2011 19:55, Satish Phadke <[email protected]> wrote:

> Devi ji
> Was it on the banks of any river. The typical habitat of *Salix
> tetrasperma.*
> But personally your pictures do not look like Salix tetrasperma to
> me(Though they appear to be some Salix species)
>
>
> On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 10:17 AM, Devi Nair <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Is this some kind of  Acacia ?
>>
>>
>> Date/Time : November 2011/ Afternoon
>> Location     : Nanjangud [ Near Mysore]
>> Habitat        : Field
>> Plant Habit   : Tree
>>
>> Thanks & regards,
>>
>> Devi
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> Dr Satish Phadke
>

Reply via email to