Thank you Ushadi for you interest.

Hmm! After this time I cannot remember for sure.
But I believe it was a large tree with big leathery leaves and large
flowers.

It is the beautiful, interesting young seed pods that I recognise from
Duabanga.
 But I was not sure that this was the only tree which had these.
 Which is why I was seeking confirmation.

This link shows the interesting fruits more clearly than my pics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Duabanga_sonneratioides_syn_Duabanga_grandiflora_at_Jayanti,_Duars,_West_Bengal_W_Picture_218.jpg

Sheila