Thank you Aarti
But Chrysothemis pulchella has already been suggested by Maduri. (See
2nd post above)
I rejected that suggestion as the leaves on my mystery shrub have 3
nerves.
See links below for Chrysothemis pulchella. The leaves have a very
different vein pattern.

https://toptropicals.com/pics/garden/2004/1/1241.jpg

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Chrysothemis+pulchella&rls=p,com.microsoft:en-gb:IE-ContextMenu&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7SUNA_en-GB&redir_esc=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=Sg3nTo6hBMq-8AOcnPWkCg&biw=1280&bih=560&sei=TQ3nTqGCPcKU8gPO36SCCg

Sheila.