Thank you Sanal ji for one more possible Id
Thank you sooooo much  Alastair  for the concluding Id and so much more
information about the plant. What struck me most was the big white eye of
the flower and kept searching for a similar looking flower before you
identified it. Many thanks. On looking up now I think it looks similar to

http://www.digthedirt.com/plants/28471-verbenas-verbena-x-hybrida-obsession-tm-crimson-with-eye

botanical name: verbena x hybrida 'obsession™ crimson with eye'

common name: garden verbena
I make a kind request to you to validate the same

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 10:06 PM, Ushadi micromini <
microminipho...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I had pink verbena  growing for a few summers, annuals, died in
> fall with chill in the air
> usha di
> ========
>
> On Dec 19, 2:37 pm, Plant Diversity <a.cul...@reading.ac.uk> wrote:
> > This is a Verbena cultivar from a group often referred to as Verbena x
> > hybrida and appears to be the result of crosses between V. peruviana
> > and V. pholgiflora or V. platensis .  They occur in many flower colour
> > forms from red to orange and pink through yellow to white and a range
> > of mauve and purples.  Some cultivar have a pleasant floral scent.  In
> > the UK the common name of members of the genus is Vervain.  Many have
> > medicinal properties.
> >
> > Kind regards,
> >
> > Alastairhttp://
> www.facebook.com/PlantDiversityhttp://www.reading.ac.uk/biologicalsciences/pg-taught/biosci-pgtmscpl.
> ..
> >
> > On Dec 18, 3:09 pm, Madhuri Raut <itii...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > > Kindly Id this herb at a road side nursery at Pune
> >
> > > Dec 2011
> >
> > > Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- orange and white
> >
> > > Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- no fruits
> >
> > > --
> > > Regards
> > > Dr.Bhagyashri Ranade
> >
> > >  111220113108.jpg