Mam, yes agreed with you, actually Forest Department 2-3 decades back
started with Urban Forestry and planted the trees across the city every
where in India with the fast growing species of  trees and also used the
same species for beautification and the exotic where easily available for
them, that time they never knew and never thought about the lifespan of the
tree in our environmental conditions,, but yes i must say that now Forest
Department are selecting the Native trees for plantation.. we live with
hopes... lets see...