Thank you Prabhu ji,Pankaj ji and Vijayasankar ji for the Id. I was
thinking about  Solanum spp from the leaf morphology but I have seen only
Solanum nigrum  in real and the plant was very small in size, no thorns on
stems and leaf margin not so much lobed. I would love to see the flowers of
this plant .

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 10:48 AM, Vijayasankar <vijay.botan...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Agreeing with Prabhu's id, Solanum torvum.
>
> Regards
>
> Vijayasankar Raman
> National Center for Natural Products Research
> University of Mississippi
>

> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 11:10 PM, Dr Pankaj Kumar
> <sahanipan...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> This is a Solanum but which one?
>> Pankaj
>>

>> On Jan 12, 12:13 pm, Madhuri Raut <itii...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Jan 2012
>> >
>> > Kindly help Id this shrub about 3 feet tall growing in a private
>> society at
>> > Pune
>> >
>> > Not sure if wild or planted. I can see thorns on the stems in the pics.
>> >
>> > Leaves as seen in the pictures. No flowers or fruits were seen
>> >
>> > Thanks and Regards
>> > Dr.Bhagyashri Ranade
>> >
>> >  IMG_1538.jpg
>> > 278KViewDownload