Thanks a lot Gurcharan sir, Giby and Prashant sir.
Prashant sir, you may be right. Kind of forbidden to be eaten only by
god and not by common people or so precious that only god can eat it
!! But I have no reference.
Pankaj

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Giby Kuriakose
<giby.kuriak...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nice pictures. Thanksk for sharing this uniqe Bulbophyllum. Is any part of
> this orchid edible?
>
> On Jan 27, 2012 9:30 AM, "Dr Pankaj Kumar" <sahanipan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Extremely sorry, forgot to add.
>> AMBROSIA means "food of gods" I imagine why? Never heard of it being
>> eaten by any one !!
>>
>> Regards
>> Pankaj

"Taxonomists getting Extinct and Species Data Deficient !!"

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Conservation Officer

Office:
Orchid Conservation Section
Flora Conservation Department
Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden (KFBG) Corporation
Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong.

Residence:
36c, Ng Tung Chai, Lam Tseun
Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong.

email: pku...@kbfg.org
          sahanipan...@gmail.com
          pankajsah...@rediffmail.com
Phone: +852 2483 7128 (office - 8:30am to 5:30pm)
           +852 9436 6251 (mobile)