Balkar ji
After a lot of thinking, I thought of going in for Sony SLT A35. This way I
won't have to discard my normal Sony  18-70 lens, Tamron 70-315 telephoto
lens and Minolta 30-70 lens with macro and my extension tubes. I may
finalise in a day or two.

Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 12:41 PM, Giby Kuriakose
<giby.kuriak...@gmail.com>wrote:

> More importantly you can shoot high quality video with Nikon D 5100. Good
> choice. But GPS attachment you have to buy seperately. It is not a big deal
> when you get a very accurate measurement with Google earth.
> Please try Sigma (http://www.sigmaphoto.com/shop/telephoto-zoom-lenses),
> Tamaron (http://www.tamron.com/en/photolens/di_telephoto/a005.html)
>

> Regards,
> Giby
>

> On 16 February 2012 12:17, Balkar Singh <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks a lot Giby Ji
>> After looking at the attached flie and link  I am seriously thinking to
>> go with Nikon D5100 although it is bit costly.
>> This has some imp features 1. GPS attachment 2. Bracketing feature 3.
>> Custom settings
>> http://snapsort.com/compare/Nikon-D5100-vs-Nikon_D90
>> http://snapsort.com/compare/Nikon-D5100-vs-Nikon_D3100
>> Due to its higher cost i am not able to afford Nikkor lenses
>> Members pls suggest any other good quality 55-300 mm / 50-500 mm range
>> with less price without compromising much with quality
>> Thanks
>>

>> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 12:00 PM, Giby Kuriakose <
>> giby.kuriak...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Balkar ji,
>>>
>>> Sorry for replying late.
>>> My preference would be *Nikon D3100*
>>> http://www.dpreview.com/products/nikon/slrs/nikon_d3100
>>> thank Canon EOS 1100D
>>> http://www.dpreview.com/products/canon/slrs/canon_eos1100d
>>> mainly because of Nikon has 14.2 MP effective pixels on APS-C (23.1 x
>>> 15.4 mm) sensor (*more pixels on a **bigger sensor*) when compared to
>>> the
>>> 12.2 MP effective pixels on APS-C (22.2 x 14.8 mm) sensor of Canon EOS