Usha di, this is the first time in these forums I have not been comfortable.
Until now everyone here has been just wonderfully and so very helpful.

I am sorry my ignorance as a foreigner to Sikkim is so amusing to you.
But please do not mock me for being ignorant.

If I remember correctly this tree was growing in the huge grounds of Teen
Taley eco Tourist Resort.

*http://www.sikkimresort.com/* <http://www.sikkimresort.com/>

*Quote.."Teen Taley Garden resort*
Daintily perched on a picturesque slope of Rumtek is the *Teen Taley Eco
Garden resort*, a pioneer in the new breed of eco-conscious resorts. Set
amidst landscaped gardens and lush forests, this hill resort in Sikkim is a
mere 30 minute drive away from Gangtok, the capital of Sikkim. This nature
resort in Sikkim blends traditional architecture and interior design with
modern amenities. A strict vigil is kept on preserving and conserving the
environment."

The eco –friendly resort around Gangtok is spread out over six and a half
acres of natural beauty.

The cuisine is traditional Sikkimese prepared with produce from the
Resort’s organically grown kitchen garden. The garden has special area of
Medicinal Plants and Herbs. Dairy, poultry and fresh meat products are also
provided from the Resort’s farm. You can also pick vegetables of your
choice and have them prepared for food. ..."

In the grounds they had several poly tunnels where they were growing fresh
vegetables for the guests.
On the edge of this cleared, cultivated area were several huge trees and
paths going into other parts of the grounds, that sadly we did not have
time to explore.I assumed they lead into the original, uncleared forest.

However, I do not know which are native trees in the area and which are
planted introductions.

I was  just enjoying a holiday... but I was also fascination and
interest by all the wonderful new trees and shrubs, that I have never seen
before.

So my assumption that it was growing wild could be completely erroneous.
Sorry if I was misleading.