Sir, I would like to add that the upper surface of its leaf is slightly rough (scabrid?) while the under surface is smooth (glabrous?). The root is spongy.
Regards, surajit On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 8:28 PM, surajit koley < [email protected]> wrote: > Sir, > > This grass is naturally occurring in that area. I roamed the area today, > on my cycle, and found they are scattered along the roadside. I have > recorded more pictures at a place one km. away from the first site. > > According to the local people both the sides of the road has been filled > with earth collected from a nearby marsh and that particular marsh is the > habitat of this grass. It was not possible to visit the marsh right at this > time, for it is still flooded. But local people, including two of my > students there insisted that there is good population of this grass. > > Thank you, > > Regards, > > surajit > > > --

