Dear friends,
While starting/ constructing efi site, I have given names to the species
page as per the accepted names given in the Plant List.
I think there are lot of mistakes in this regard, which needs to be
corrected.
I will do so as & when I add more inf. to a species page, provided time
permits.
I have been doing so when ever there is a new discussion in this regard
(Bot. names & proper author citation) at efi group & I find a mistake in
efi site in that regard.
Singh ji has been raising such issues now & then.
It will certainly be a long drawn process.

I have a request to our members especially to our moderators that when ever
they post any species or help it in Id etc., pl. have a look at efi site
page & inform me or the group of any discrepancy.
This will go a long way in correcting the mistakes in efi site.
-- 
With regards,
J.M.Garg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a *thousand species* &
eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged
alphabetically & place-wise):
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg. You can also use them
for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora,
please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group:
http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 2015 members &
1,39,500 messages on 30/11/12) or Efloraofindia website:
https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database
of more than 7500 species).
Also author of 'A Photoguide to the Birds of Kolkata & Common Birds of
India'.

-- 



Reply via email to