Thanks Radha ji
I searched your wonderful pictures of *Asystasia gangetica*.
According BSI Mah flora. Flower colour is used as one of the character to
differentiate the species. I do not fully agree to it.Because it mentions
the flower colour violet pink for *A.chelonoides* whereas flower colour is
said to be white or yellow in the two sp. *A.dalzelliana* and* A. gangetica*
.
I had recently re posted one of my earlier posts with yellowish white
flowers which is also IDed as *A. gangetica*.
I think ....The important character is the cordate base of the leaves which
is unique in *A.gangetica*. This plant is occasionally found as garden
escape and seen by roadside.


Dr Satish Phadke


On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 11:23 AM, radhaveach <[email protected]> wrote:

> I had posted the same plant in october this year on this site and it was
> validated by Dinesh. Please search to find my pics.
>
> best
> Radha
>
>
> On Friday, November 30, 2012 9:49:54 PM UTC+5:30, Satish Phadke wrote:
>>
>> A climbing shrub with drooping branches observed on a hedge in Pune.
>> Leaves opposite glabrescent . 5X3 cm elliptic/ovate base somewhat
>> cordate. Apex acuminate. Stem quadrangular grooved.
>> Flower 3 cm. Bracts very minute. Pod 2.5 cm nodular.
>> I think this is *Asystasia gangetica*. Pl. validate.
>> Dr Satish Phadke
>>
>  --
>
>
>
>

-- 



Reply via email to