Visit Indonesia Daily News Online HomePage:
http://www.indo-news.com/
Please Visit Our Sponsor
http://www.indo-news.com/cgi-bin/ads1
-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Free Email @KotakPos.com
visit: http://my.kotakpos.com/

Dear Valued Customers,

In regard to our first announcement on Compaq Indonesia's preparation in facing the
transition
period to the Year 2000, including the set up of Compaq Y2K Business Continuity
Support Center
(BCSC), it demonstrates how Compaq concerns and focuses on supporting customer needs
for a smooth
sail through the millenium transition.

The entire management, technical and operational staff will be divided into 3 shifts
to be able to
provide round the clock service from 31 December 1999 to January 6, 2000. The team
will be ready to
assist customers with on-site or remote support, based on the priority and capacity.

To provide full accessibility to every customer, various communications alternatives
have been
prepared with more than 20 telephone numbers installed, be it regular phone lines and
cellular
phones in Jakarta and 6 other major cities (Bandung, Surabaya, Semarang, Medan,
Pekanbaru and
Makassar), or through a portable satellite phone which will be placed at the head
office in Jakarta.
Back-up offices have also been prepared in some hotels in these locations, equipped
with
communication devices and computers as a real operational office. Compaq has also
prepared a back-up
location in one of Indonesia's leading telecommunication provider, to ensure that
customers can
continue to reach us with minimum disruptions.

Compaq System Service Provider (SSP) and Authorized Service Provider (ASP), with full
support from
Compaq, will also be on stand-by during the critical period. Full details on their
activities will
be given in the Attachment section.

Preparations have also been instigated in other Compaq offices around the world and
intense
monitoring throughout the region is conducted through Compaq's global intranet. This
arrangement
will allow us to anticipate, to solve and if an escalation of problems to Compaq
offices in Asia
Pacific or Worldwide is needed under circumstances, we would be able to do it in a
more effective
and timely manner.

As a further safeguard, we will be creating a communication line between Compaq Y2K
Business
Continuity Support Center (BCSC) and our customers, especially for the period December
31, 1999
(18:00 BBWI) until January 6, 2000 (08:00 BBWI). The communication can consist of
technical matters
related to Compaq products you are using.

To help us achieve this, we ask all our customers to send us the following information:

- People in charge of the Y2K Contingency/Crisis Center
- Phone numbers and fax that are always available to be contacted
- E-mail address.

Please submit the information to us by December 28, 1999 at the latest. It can be sent
by fax to
(021) 572-1080 or through e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] However, we really
thank all
customers who have sent us the detailed information about their company's Y2K
Contingency Team.

All these plans and preparations have been implemented with the intention of ensuring
that all
necessary support to our customers will still be given during this critical and
uncertain period of
transition, especially to those who have direct affect to public services. This is a
further
demonstration of our commitment and loyalty to all our valued customers. It is also a
means to
ensure that our customers receive all the support they needed so they can continue to
provide
uninterrupted services to their customers. But we realize that we depend mostly on
many external
factors to make this arrangement work as expected.

Finally, even though we are prepared for the worst, we will always hope for the best.
In this
regard, let's come together to welcome the new century optimistically.

On behalf of everyone at Compaq, may I extend the season's greetings and wish you all
peace and
prosperity as you embrace the new millenium. I hope it will mark the beginning of new
hope and
prosperity.

Yours sincerely,
President Director of Compaq Indonesia

Didistribusikan tgl. 31 Dec 1999 jam 16:37:01 GMT+1
oleh: Indonesia Daily News Online <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.Indo-News.com/

Kirim email ke