Hi
This is my first posting to this list so I hope that the material is
appropriate.

I am a PhD student in economics at the University of Qld. and am
undertaking an assessment of a livestock distribution (dispersal) project
in the Philippines.

I am aware that there have been a number of similar projects in Indonesia.

Is anyone on the list aware of such projects.  They are often a part of an
agrarian reform package but can also be associated with international aid,
agricultural development projects etc.

Generally speaking the projects involve the loan of an animal(s) or of the
money to purchase stock.  Repayments are made in cash or in kind such as
return of the original animal after the weaning of the first ofspring or by
passing on the first offspring to a new recipient.

I would appreaciate any info or contact details for further info relating
to the design of these projects, recipient selection criteria, projects
assessment, economic analysis etc.

Thanks

Steve


Stephen Duthy
Economics Department
Queensland University

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone   61 2 66203093
        61 2 66895030

Postal
P. O. Box 1275
Lismore New South Wales 2480
Australia

Kirim email ke