The LuceneKey2StringMapper is not mandatory as it is an optional
optimization which applies only in case a StringBased/CacheStore is
enabled.
I'm confused about what you mean with a lifecycle callback, I'm
assuming that the cache manager is started with the application
server, while the application might be deployed later - and so not
even have the classes available to whatever hack the cachemanager
might want to attempt?